Pinterest is not just a social bookmarking site but a big resource to find out target audiences and customers from 70% of it's women users. Many people always think "What can attract women?" rather thinking what their community ask for on Pinterest. So this is not logical to think women psychology but it's authentic to manipulate creativity and awesomeness that can attract your target audience easily.
- 10 Most Useful Pinterest Tools for Businesses
- What is The Best Time to Pin, Tweet, Google, Post ~ Infographic
|How to Leverage Pinterest Traffic and Build Up Mighty Audience? [Case Study] Image: Flickr|
Statistics of Social Media Traffic Including PinterestPinterest is called the rising start in providing high quality traffic from the range of all other social networking websites. This top favorite social bookmarking site exceeds Twitter, StumbleUpon, Reddit, Google+ in distributing more traffic who are highly engaging, loyal audience and overall have higher tendency to purchase products from your services blog/site.
On a recent statistics by shareaholic has shown Pinterest counted 5.72% referral traffic where the closest competitor Twitter provides 1.03% referral traffic as opposed to Facebook of 23.39% referral traffic (which is still counted as top referral traffic source).
|Shareaholic Statistics of social media traffic. Image: Shareaholic|
The referral traffic change year over year but still a half of all the web traffic are reserved by social bookmarking websites where Pinterest dominates over Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn in providing highly convertible traffic and the average time on site is 5 - 6 minutes comparing to Facebook (3 - 4 minutes), Twitter (2 - 3 minutes) and Reddit (1 - 2 minutes).
The reasons of Pinterest traffic are never retired and always on coming up mode that users ability to "repin" also share with their followers and other social networks which later count huge spike in traffic and on average a viral post can pull 40K - 50K+ of referral traffic by a period of 3-4 weeks.
How to Leverage Pinterest Traffic and Buildup Mighty Audience ???Below are some of authentic ways to use Pinterest positively to drive more traffic to your sites, and lead your business to bring it to next level.
Note: All of the ideas of this case study are proven and work with most of the successful Pinterest marketers, if you think I have added any illogical or irrelevant items then please do let me know through a simple commenting.
1. Analyze and Understand Your Pinterest CommunityBefore starting with world's top leading women community Pinterest you must know, understand and analyze your target audience. Many people come to Pinterest in order to gain referral traffic without knowing the basics of usability, even they follow other people blindly without understanding who are the industry leaders, and minded people. They pin stuffs that make no sense to their followers, finally nothing possibility to gain target traffic which can drive leads and make sales.
If you use Pinterest in such way then you're more than years away reaching your target point in Pinterest traffic domination race combating your competitors. So how can you understand your Pinterest community and find out real persons who are your influencers and spread out your words to their audience.
Here are some ideas to find out your community and audience on Pinterest.
- Follow your business minded people
- Follow your industry leaders and top contributors
- Seek out your competitors on Pinterest and understand who are they following
- Follow your competitors followers (basically the minded people)
- Understand what pins go viral within your pinterest followers
- Produce same type of content that attract more shares than regular
|Follow minded people on Pinterest|
2. Try to be An Expertise ContributorAfter being familiar with your Pinterest community this is right time to contribute useful content (images or infographic) that focus your business and attract people who are your audience. Suppose, you have an online business like "Website logo generator" then you need such type of visitors who have website or at least internet based services. As we know there are 644+ million websites online so it's nothing tough to find out your target audience from Pinterest or other social networks.
You have to contribute stuffs that relate your services, suppose infographic submission that are more appealing to users comparing to regular rectangle images. You can also share vertical shaped images that also go better on Pinterest.
3. Try Infographics SubmissionFor about years Infographics have been shared 10x faster than text articles on social bookmarking sites, majority on Pinterest since the structure and layout of Pinterest are top suitable for Infographic sharing than Facebook, Twitter, Google+ do.
Read the following article to create infographic:
4. Prioritize Vertical Shaped ImagesI know one person Bob who blogs around 7 years after quitting this day job to find out passive ways to make money online through blogging from not knowing word "how to blog?" dais. He has a number of highly experienced contributors including himself lead a successful business blog Christianpf.com which mainly focuses solutions through publications on make money, finance, online business, mortgage, money savings etc. topics.
One thing makes me very curated about images published on Christianpf.com are all vertical shaped, highly modified with photoshop tools that cover the theme of individual article and appeal to their audiences on Pinterest. These vertical shaped images are not so tough to create but a little bit photoshop experience can present you such creative image that are more accepted to Pinterest communities.
5. Optimize Images With Meta Description
6. Provide HashtagsAfter Twitter, Google+ the Pinterest communities use hashtags to fetch more curated results and too easily than manual searching by category. Adding hashtag is easy just add a hash before any word withing your pin description,
Learn how to create #windowsphone #app with these free resources and tools
7. Install Pint It Button both on Website & Browser (As Extension)By adding a Pinterest Pin It button on your website which allows users to pin any image they like from your site. Also add Pinterest extension on Google chrome, Mozilla Firefox, or Opera etc. browsers so that you can pin any stuff without going to Pinterest board. See following articles
- Widget Builder | Pinterest for Business
- How to Add Pinterest's Buttons & Widgets to Your Website
- Add the Pinterest browser button
8. Schedule Your Pins Timing and Monitor AnalyticsThis is another important thing you should know maintaining proper timing can help you to utilize pinning with your target audiences who are active and ready to share your content on instant. As with every social network, there is a specific time that you can submit that will give you the best chance of reaching the front or popular pages. By a research of Colby Almond (Viral traffic and social media analyst) this is found that with Pinterest people can generate 10x more engagement when they're active between 5-7AM and 5-7PM EST with pinning, commenting, sharing.
|Schedule Your Pins Timing and Monitor Analytics. Image: Moz|
9. Syndicate Pins with Other Social ChannelsWhile pinning you have option to syndicate your pin with Facebook and Twitter this can help you to reach your pin with Twitter and Facebook followers. Just check the button of Facebook and Twitter of Pin window and submit your pin.
10. Add Pinterest Board Widget to Your WebsiteBy adding a pinterest board widget on your website can help people to directly access your pinterst board and other boards and increase more engagement than other promotion.
Create pinterest widget and add on your website no matter if it's Blogger hosted blog or self hosted WordPress blog but the widget works on all platforms.
11. Interact with Popular Pinners, Repin, Comment, Like and ShareWhen you're active on Pinterest don't forget that you're also a follower of other pinners so you have to do the same thing that your followers do in order to be trusted to your audience and popular. Always communicate with your pinners through messaging and ask then what you do want from you, also "repin" the most valuable content in order to boost your pinterest board quality, comment to the pin, like pins and share with your other social channels. These activities will help you to create an authority across your pinterest profile and boards.
Things to Do Yet!Below are some of the activities I think you still need to perform to create a powerful Pinterest profile.
1. Connect Other Social NetworksBy adding other social networks with your Pinterest profile help you to boost your social channels visibility. You can easily setup other social networks with Pinterest,
First of all login your pinterest account and click on gear icon
Now choose Account settings and click on "Social Networks" from left menu
Now connect Facebook, Twitter, Google+ etc. social networks
Finally hit "Save Settings" and you're done
2. Verify WebsiteIt's easy to verify website with Pinterest. Just do following
When you're on Account Settings dashboard so click on "Profile" and navigate to website.
Now type your website and you will be given a verification meta tag
Just add the meta tag close to <head> of your website and click on "Verify website" button
Your website will be verified and you will get a PR9 dofollow backlink for free
3. Add Location to Your ProfileMany people don't add location to their Pinterest profile but it worths since people can understand you by a real person and would be more interested in your profile. It's easy to add location to your Pinterest profile
From your Pinterest profile click on "Account settings" and navigate to "Profile"
Now type your location in the box next to "Location"
Finally hit "Save Settings" and that's it.
4. Don't Create Useless Boards That Add No Sense or Value to AudienceWhen you're trying to provide people most valuable content through your boards then creating any useless, valueless or meaningless board can destroy your credibility of pinning and break users trust upon your services. So be serious in creating authentic board and on topics where you have countless resources and mainly based on target audiences.
5. Use Tools for Pinterest MarketingLike other social networks Pinterest marketing can be handled and 10x expedited by using marketing tools as there are number of free and paid Pinterest marketing tools can help you to bring your services through Pinterest into audiences, increase more visibility and drive more sales.
Read following articles to get useful resources and tools for pinterest marketing.
What More Do You Need?I tried my best to cover an article that focuses on useful facts behind understanding/analyzing Pinterest community, value of Pinterest traffic amongst all other social networking sites and how to exactly leverage Pinterest traffic to market your business. Pinterest is not only a place where you can have target audience and loyal readers but can create branding so fast than other social platforms.
If you think I have missed any useful point in this post then do let me know about your thoughts through a simple comment.