What does Black Hat SEO mean?
#1 Automatically Generated Content
- Text that is translated by an automated tool without human review
- Text generated through automated process, such as Markov chains
- Text generated via scraping Atom/Rss feeds or search terms
#2 Participating in Link Scheme
- Buying or selling links that pass PageRank which might include money for link exchanging, or similar posts that contain links, exchanging goods or services instead of links or sending someone a giveaway in lieu of writing about it and including link.
- Extremely link engagements(link to me and i'd link to you) or partner sites exclusively for the sake of cross-link-building
- Large scale of article marketing for content or guest posting campaigns that include keyword rich anchor text
- Third part advertisements (Advertise with Buysellads or similar) that pass PageRank
- Paid post (post which requires money before publishing on any blog) that includes links that can pass PageRank
- Links built in optimized anchor text in articles or press releases distributed on other sites.
- Keyword rich, hidden text or low quality links embedded in widgets, plugins, themes or templates that are widely distributed among the users.
- Forums commenting with optimized links in the posts of signature, i.e.
Thanks for the comment!-Mike
- Serving pages as a regular html text document to search engines, whether showing a page of only images or flash to users.
- Filling an article with only keywords or phrases whether the user agent requesting the page is a search engine, not a human visitor.
#4 Sneaky Redirects
#5 Doorway Pages
- Having multiple domains targeted at specific regions, cities that funnel users to one page
- Templated pages(or squeeze pages) made for solely affiliate linking
- Multiple pages on your site with similar content designed to rank for specific queries.
#6 Hidden Text and Links
- Using white text or link on white background
- Inserting text/link behind an image
- Using css reposition or text-off the screen
- Setting the font size to 0px
- Hiding a link by adding in a small character i.e. hyphen, point etc.
#7 Participating in Affiliate program without adding sufficient value
#8 Scraped Content
#9 Loading pages with irrelevant keywords
#10 Creating pages with malicious behavior
#11 Abusing Rich Snippet Markup
#12 Sending Automated Queries to Google
Why You Should Avoid Black Hat SEO?
Get the best tips from TheWildBlogger in your inbox, free!